Application for membership to the African Leasing Federation
The following are admitted as full members:
- in the African countries where they exist, national associations of leasing banks and national associations of leasing companies duly authorized by their supervisory authorities;
- in African countries where such associations do not exist, leasing establishments (banks or leasing companies) duly authorized by their supervisory authorities irrespective of their nationality (indigenous or resident), according to the national legal system.
Full members shall have the right to vote and to be elected at General Meetings.
The status of “corresponding member” may be granted to national associations of non-African countries which are recognized in their respective countries and in accordance with their statutes as representatives of the professional interests of active companies in the leasing sector.
The following may be members of the Federation as associate members:
- African Central Banks.
- African Development Banks.
- African continental or regional institutions working for social and economic development, etc …
Companies and associations representing regulated professions (micro-finance establishments, auditors, notaries …) or not (car rental companies, suppliers of equipment), who have affinities or do business with the leasing industry and which, moreover, demonstrated:
- knowledge and expertise of the African leasing market and / or specific expertise or expertise relevant to the leasing industry and which can support lobbying in this area.
- a clear interest, and their ability to contribute to the production of African leasing research;
Such enterprises or associations shall be constituted in accordance with the laws and practices of their country of origin.
Associate members do not have the right to vote and election at General Meetings.
All members are bound by the obligations resulting from the statutes of Africalease,
Membership is open to any organization that meets the requirements of the statutes of Africalease.