Are admitted as full members :
- in African countries where they exist, national associations of banks operating leasing and national associations of leasing companies duly approved by their supervisory authorities ;
- in African countries where such associations do not exist, leasing institutions (banks or leasing companies) duly registred or approved by their supervisory authorities regardless of their nationality (native or resident), depending on national legal system.
Full members have the right to vote and election in the General Assemblies.
The status of correspondent member can be granted to national associations of non-African countries which are recognized in their respective countries and in accordance with their status as representatives of the professional interests of active companies in the leasing sector.
Can be part of the Federation as associate members:
- The African Central Banks ;
- The African Development Banks ;
- Continental and regional African institutions working for social and economic development, etc …
Associate members do not have the right to vote and election in the General Assemblies.
Businesses and associations representing regulated professions (microfinance compagnies, statutory auditors, notaries …) or not (car rental companies, equipment suppliers), who have affinities or do business with the leasing industry and, in addition, have demonstrated :
- knowledge and expertise of the African leasing market and / or skills or expertise that are relevant to the leasing industry and can support lobbying actions in this field ;
- a clear interest, and their ability to contribute to the production of research at the African level on leasing.
These companies or associations must be constituted under the laws and practices of their country of origin.